Sunday, October 10, 2010

Five Years



Our Wedding Day: October 8th, 2005
Five years ago, I was privileged to marry the love of my life.  What a fun day it was! The weather was absolutely perfect, we were surrounded by our favorite people, and we were happier than we'd ever been in our whole lives. I can't believe it was five years ago! It seems like yesterday! Looking back over the past five years, we have experienced ups and downs, happiness and joy, trials and celebrations together. I can't imagine my life without Matt. He is my constant, my leader, and my helper. We are truly a team. Not only is he the most encouraging man in the world, he is honest, faithful, and hilarious. We have so much fun  together! I find myself laughing until my side aches when we're spending time together. He makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman in the world, and he is one of the best listeners around. 






In the last year I've been able to see Matt wear a different hat--he became a Dad. I knew he would love having a son, but I had no idea how wonderful he would be with Will. He loves to play with Will, and the sound of their laughter together is the best thing I've ever heard. Will is so lucky that Matt is his father. 

We were able to celebrate our anniversary on Friday night. Matt's sister was in town, so she stayed home with Will while we had a night on the town. We had a fantastic dinner at Kenny's Wood Fire Grill, and then we were able to see some of our best friends who were in town for the Baylor game. We had a great night remembering moments over the past 5 years and celebrating how much God has blessed us. Can't wait for 50 more years with this man!!

Look what he surprised me with! Aren't they beautiful?!

Celebrating our 5th anniversary


1 comment:

  1. Your wedding was just the best. I'm so happy for your happiness and to have seen you grow even more gorgeous with Matt and now Will. Seems like the more men in your life, the more beautiful you become! Love all the posts.

    ReplyDelete