Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Birthday Boy

Dear Will,
One year ago you changed my life forever. You have brought me more happiness than I ever dreamed possible. Your infectious smile lights up a room, and your blue eyes sparkle with curiosity. You have taught me how to put others needs before my own (something I'm still learning on a daily basis), and you have shown me what unconditional love looks like. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be your mommy and I feel incredibly blessed to spend every day with you. There's nothing I love more than watching you learn something new--your joy radiates. It's hard to believe that it's been a year! It really is true that time flies. It seems like just yesterday that I was holding you in the NICU and thanking God for giving us joy in the midst of heartache. I love you, Will, and I can't wait to see the man you will become. I pray that you grab hold of the Lord's love and salvation at an early age, and I pray that I can show you His love on a daily basis. I pray that you will become a man of strength, courage, gentleness and most of all, strong character. My cup runneth over...
Love,
Mommy

ps. If you want to remember Will's birth story, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment