Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be My Valentine

Let's be honest, Valentines Day is a little bit of a circus. There are flowers, hearts, and candy everywhere you turn. Matt and I don't go crazy over this holiday, but it is nice to have a day to intentionally love on one another. We actually celebrated a day early on the 13th because on the 14th Matt left the house at 4:30am (yikes!) for work, had a meeting after work, and served at church until about 9:30pm. Talk about a long day. So...we celebrated early. Matt brought home chocolate covered strawberries that he made for me at the restaurant--I brought him chocolate covered strawberries that I bought at a store (great minds think alike!)--Matt and Will made me yummy cookies--Matt made a wonderful dinner (it backfired a little with the steaks, but everything else was delicious)--and we spent the night cuddling on the couch. It was simple and wonderful. A perfect night with the love of my life.

On the actual holiday, I was off work so I spent the day lovin' on my babies and we went to a party with our new little playgroup. I have to say, now that Will is a little older we had a blast making a card for daddy and opening all of the sweet valentines from GJ/Popa, MiMi, and Auntie 'Nette. Caroline is sweet as ever, and Will finds joy in absolutely everything. They are my precious Valentines.

Will made me a Valentine's card at Mothers Day Out. He was so proud of it, that he never actually "gave" it to me and walked around with it ALL day long.  :)
My precious Valentine. She looked adorable in her holiday outfit.
This is what happens when you say "CHEESE!!"  :)
Valentines Day party with our play group
Making a valentine for Daddy
Having fun on the trampoline!!
Look who loves the Bumbo!
When did he get so big?
Playing with friends--this is Will's new thing. He boxes out anyone who gets too close with his hip. Matt just says that he's practicing his basketball moves to play with the Bears. :)  p.s. Look at those curls!!
My loves.
Hope you had a fun Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment