Sunday, May 20, 2012

The First Haircut

It finally happened. Will got his first haircut.

I was dreading this day because I was afraid that the curls would be lost forever. I let it grow longer than I probably should have because I love his curls so much. I couldn't really imagine Will without his curls. So I waited.....and waited......and waited. Until it was getting to be a little obnoxious. I mean, he was starting to look like a mad scientist and I was brushing his hair at least 3x/day to keep it under control. So the day came just as it does when I'm ready to get my hair cut--no appointment; I just wake up and it has to be cut that day. Lucky for us, I found a great place for kids that was reasonably priced with an open appointment. I took a million "before" pictures in case the curls were to be lost forever, but I shouldn't have worried--he is still a curly top little guy. Thank goodness.  :)

Sweet smiles before 

The awesome curls

"We're going to do WHAT?!"
Here we go!

Where it all went down

He got very nervous when she put the smock on, but once she turned on the TV & gave him a sucker, all was well. Thank heavens for lollipops! :)

The cheering section

Doing great!

It was a great set up

Mommy was so proud! Will was a little preoccupied with the TV.  :)

Almost done...

Lookin' Good! He looks so old now! 

Still curly! YAY!!

We started a new tradition of celebrating the first haircut with dinner and ice cream--it was Caroline's first time in a restaurant's high chair!

So. Serious.

Sweetest daddy on the planet

ICE CREAM!!

My toddler.

She didn't want to get left out of the action

Mommy & CC

We love the new haircut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment