Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Last Sunday was Mothers Day. It was a relaxing and fun day with both of my little ones. I can't believe that this is my 3rd year to celebrate mothers day--I am blessed beyond words for these two babies that I get to call my own. These last few weeks I have walked with a dear friend through one of the hardest experiences in life. It has made me hug these two precious children a little tighter and a little longer--Mother's Day meant more to me this year than it ever has before.

The day started out with this little guy making me breakfast with Matt while I had some uninterrupted cuddle time with Caroline...


When I walked into the kitchen, I saw these beautiful flowers that were freshly picked from our backyard...

And then I got to have lunch with these guys while Matt went to work for a few hours...


All I really wanted for mothers day was a picture with my little ones, so we had a little photo shoot in the front yard...
She wasn't really excited at first...

But then she warmed up to the idea. :)


Someone was a little moody and didn't want his picture taken  :)

The best we could do with a fiesty toddler!  :)
While we were outside, Caroline rode in the swing for the first time--she loved it!!


Will loved pushing her! He's our big helper these days.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating your moms. Now that I'm a mother, I am blown away at the sacrifice and love my mom has shown me over the years. I am thankful that she is not only my mentor, but also my friend. I can't wait for Caroline to grow up to experience the unique relationship between us as a daughter/mom. I love you, mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment